Challenged by the need to redefine themselves, they kicked off a digital transformation to reinvent their proposition and business model. From a company making all of its revenue from print adverts to a provider of high-tech digital billboards with content targeted to audiences. The ambition – to create value-added advertising offering to compete with digital media giants, and a relevant outdoor experience for the increasingly urbanised global population.
Together, we’ve set off on a digital transformation journey to capture the potential of digital in Out-of-Home. This entails setting strategic direction and successfully executing the change by shaping and leading a digital transformation.
We have partnered with Clear Channel to support their digital business model innovation
Here’s how we are helping them transform their market offering and develop the technology products needed to successfully tap into new revenue streams:
- Defined a digital transformation strategy driven by the impact of programmatic trading to the industry;
- Created a business case and roadmap for change;
- Overseen the delivery of a number of key technology products, including: advanced algorithmically driven campaign planning, and a bespoke programmatic trading platform;
- Designed a new operating model for a modern digital technology function;
- Shaped and led a digital transformation, including the introduction of an agile transformation strategy to adopt agile and lean ways of working at scale
I’ve chosen to work with Riverflex as they are highly flexible, complementing Clear Channel staff with strong digital experts, and truly partnering with us to achieve the outcomes we need. They are not afraid to challenge our thinking and do things differently, really striving to champion digital approaches like agile and lean and to make a lasting impact on our business.
Richard Cross, Chief Digital Transformation Officer and CIO of the Year 2017
By focusing on building the right foundations for the future, Clear Channel is turning into a truly digital business. They are developing the mindset, culture, and ways of working to shape and lead the Out-of-Home media industry. Not just today, but far into the future.
Snapshot on impact made so far:
- Advertising is now delivered via robust networks of digital screens, generating a large proportion of the revenue in many markets;
- Billions of records of data are being captured in a new “Big Data” platform to provide transparency and insight to advertisers on how their campaigns have performed;
- Customers can now buy flexible OOH advertising campaigns targeted across a number of time, geographical or audience based criteria