Digital transformation is about making foundational changes to remain a competitive organisation in the digital age. We’ve surfaced five of the common flavours being pursued across the market but your transformation will not fall neatly into one box.
We help organisations modernise IT and create the technology capabilities needed to compete in the digital age.
Organisations have become more reliant on IT than ever, as technology and data are becoming more customer-facing. A high variability in performance can lead to a significantly lower customer satisfaction, all the while IT is reaching unprecedented levels of complexity. To mitigate those threats and ensure the commercial success of their organisation, business leaders need to think about how to successfully build a modern and fit for purpose technology capability. Without being capital intensive.
An effective technology transformation will create an IT function that is organised effectively, and where the technology landscape is modernised to enable the objectives of business and IT.
How we support your organisation’s technology transformation:
- Create a vision for how technology can enable the broader business strategy;
- Define an operating model and required architecture to reorganise IT into autonomous agile product or service teams for value delivery and speed. Define which foundational technical enablers need to be set up to enable this shift e.g. Cloud, API’s, DevOps, and automation;
- Support communication to the executive level by connecting foundational technology change to business purpose – gaining buy-in for investment;
- Help internalise and leverage new digital technologies and tooling to speed up the learning curve of each (agile) team;
- Kick-off DevOps practices. Defining the setup and requirements of Standard Operating Procedures, automated monitoring services, enterprise reliability services, and site reliability engineering practices. Define a rollout plan for migration of Operations activities;
- Help drive a stable landscape and decentral decision making at a large scale. Detailing Enterprise Architecture (EA) principles for product teams, in the areas of modular architecture, cloud-native development, services architecture, the use of a data and API platform, and security and compliance.
- Develop plans to get existing solutions in line with the EA principles;
- Augment the organisation with specialists in fields such as DevOps, Cloud, and data science, to supercharge your transformation project and transfer knowledge to the team.
How we do things differently
The right skill sets. With many organisations looking to develop capabilities in areas such as Cloud and API management, finding the right specialist can become a challenge. We provide you with IT professionals who are at the forefront of their craft, and have worked with leading digital organisations. These specialists work in teams with our more generalist consultants, who know how to kick-off, shape and successfully execute a far reaching transformation project.
Lean & Flexible. Our ‘minimum viable team’ model will ensure that you are getting value from your investment. By augmenting our team with yours we are not doubling up, and we are helping knowledge transfer from our specialists to your organisation.
Modern methods. Central to your technology transformation will be the application of modern principles for infrastructure, application development, and maintenance – transforming the way IT teams deliver and operate technology. Our experts will work closely with you to define how these approaches will work in your organisation, bringing real change to the frontline to capture and sustain the impact.