We are proud to present Marcel Fokkema as our latest “Riverflexer in the Spotlight”. Marcel has over 10 years experience in Digital Customer Experience and is dedicated to improve customer satisfaction
We identify opportunities and implement changes to accelerate growth of customer and business value in eCommerce and omni-channel operations
Digital commerce is a vital new value stream for business and continues to evolve and develop rapidly today. Vertical-specific digital concepts, AI-enabled virtual service assistants, Amazon Advertising, data-driven personalisation algorithms, Commerce Partner management and O2O are just some of the more recent additions to the digital commerce arsenal.
The market continues to move fast and even established best practices can still be tough to implement. We support omni-channel leadership teams to quickly identify and capture commerce improvements to drive the top-line.
Clients ask us to:
- Increase their understanding of the omnichannel customer through the development of customer journeys and actionable customer insights. We base our work upon robust customer research combined with the rigorous analysis of first-party and third-party data sets;
- Support teams to develop and implement digital commerce user stories with clearly defined objectives, key results and wider business KPIs;
- Implement best practice ways of working in digital. Typical areas of focus include data-driven continuous improvement, defining and adopting OKR/KPI frameworks, and blending IT and business skills into effective agile /DevOps delivery teams;
- Guide technology-solution choices, selection criteria, and vendor trade-offs for digital commerce solutions and functional specific add-ons;
- Define and implement digital commerce operating-model changes to focus teams more effectively on key commerce strategies and drive growth, adopt new agile and data-driven practices. Including roles, organizational structures, and operating processes;
- Support implementation of digital commerce solutions with experienced technical specialists that can flexibly complement in-house teams.
How we do things differently
The right skill sets. As we operate in the open talent ecosystem, we make sure you get access to the right commerce consultants and specialists that meet your specific needs and have done the work before. Our specialists have worked for leading commerce operations such as adidas, Nike, bol.com, ASOS, John Lewis, eBay and Zalando amongst others. For transformational work and interim management and product owner roles, we bring strong consultants with Tier 1 agency and consulting backgrounds such as McKinsey, BCG, Deloitte Digital, AKQA, and ThoughtWorks.
Purposeful and Lean. We are 100% focused on delivering your target outcome. We always start lean with ‘minimal viable teams’ and tailored – not template – approaches. This means we get to the answers as effectively and efficiently as possible. We all know that project objectives can evolve over time, so we work closely with our clients to stay focused. This way we can be flexible in plans but always fixed in achieving our purpose.
Modern methods. We must do things differently in order to get better results. Our digitally-native teams are experienced in the latest digital practices but strive to improve continuously. We gather research across our projects and drive innovation on how to deliver even greater digital performance. We see that our methods are not just for one-off use in consulting exercises. We always aim to transfer these methods to our clients and embed scalable changes in our clients’ business operation.