Driving an agile transformation in a large corporate setting is challenging. In this article we analyse the most common mistakes organisations run into, and how to overcome them.
We help organisations become adaptive and respond rapidly to challenges.
Rapid developments in technology, customer preferences, and employee expectations are transforming industries at a fast pace. But today’s organisations are often not built to cope with fast change. To survive and thrive, companies need to revolutionise how they operate. This entails creating a resilient configuration, and a culture that is focused on learning and improving to compete and win in today’s world.
An effective transition to agile empowers organisations to: increase the speed of execution at scale, better respond to customer needs, increase productivity, and engage and empower employees.
How we support your organisation’s agile adoption:
- Define where the organisation struggles to move quickly, and what can be done about it. Thus establishing transformation goals;
- Help create an agile vision, and align and educate the executive team to support and enable the change;
- Develop a working hypothesis for structure, governance and metrics to be progressively elaborated throughout the transformation. Create an agile transformation roadmap indicating what key elements will need to take place, how long it will to take, and what benefits are expected to be achieved from the investment;
- Develop a rollout strategy looking into what team, capability or group goes first, second, etc. based on key principles around value streams, services, complexity, and maturity;
- Build an agile champions team, with agile coaches, as well as a training and communication plan. Create supportive transformation artifacts – to support the culture and behaviours required for the change to take hold and snowball;
- Drive change management initiatives, coaching and developing people whilst actually delivering tangible outcomes. Including selection of the tooling and methods to support the desired way of working;
- Augment the organisation with agile transformation consultants. Specialists in fields such as product owners, scrum masters, and data scientists, to supercharge your transformation and transfer knowledge to your team
How we do things differently
The right skill sets. We have seen consultants fail by trying to impose the agile process in organisations from the top-down. As well as purists who weren’t willing to recognise that imperfect transitional states may be required to get agile to be applied at scale. This is why we build diverse teams of consultants and digital specialists. Their combined perspectives and lessons learned will ensure you reap the benefits of agile early on.
Lean & Flexible. We work with you to define the ‘minimum viable team’ required to achieve your outcomes. No more, no less. We will complement the skills you have in your team, rather than duplicating them, so you are getting value for your investment. Our independent consulting model means that we can scale the team up or down if your requirements change. And that we can deliver strategic thinking as well as people to complement skills in your agile teams.
Modern methods. We lead change by doing. Any agile transformation will be delivered using agile methods – it is as simple as that. We maintain rolling 90 day plans, re-assessing the end-state vision and roadmap based upon how our understanding has evolved during the course of the transformation – while creating clarity, accountability, and measurable progress for everyone.