Stefanie is a human-centric digital transformation leader. She has 20 years of experience leading cross-functional teams to develop and deliver digital growth strategies, service- and product-innovation, as well as brand experiences for organisations such as adidas, BMW, Audi and Allianz, mid size companies and startups. She is passionate about the value of integrating design with business. As such, Stefanie believes in a holistic design-led approach to business strategy development and execution to drive breakthrough innovation and value for all stakeholders. From customers to employees to business partners.
Intellect analyses the world. Creativity changes it. When the future becomes increasingly ambiguous and uncertain, the opportunity for the bold and courageous leader emerges to create it.
Change Done Differently
As a consultant and innovation facilitator Stefanie works with agile, lean and human-centric design thinking method. In doing so, she ensures that the development of strategies, products, services and experiences is driven from what people need and want whilst adding commercial value for businesses. Strongly committed to human centricity, Stefanie believes that empathy, curiosity, creativity and collaboration are core skills to create change and a positive future. She is dedicated to fostering those skills when working and collaborating with teams, clients and business partners on digital growth strategies, value propositions, new business models, innovation and experience design.
Clients, colleagues and teams value Stefanie’s open, forward thinking, energetic and hands on attitude, committed to driving things and creating positive change and tangible outcome
Examples of Stefanie’s recent experience and successes include:
- Lead and delivered a global brand commerce ecosystem strategy for adidas in the role of Global Digital Brand Strategy Director;
- Part of the team that delivered adidas 2020 business strategy ‘Creating the new’;
- Coached and supported adidas business category teams to develop and implement a holistic, connected and consumer centric approach to experience design in the role of Global Digital Commercial Experience Director;
- Lead the design studio of Sinnerschrader Munich through the transition process of being acquired by Accenture Interactive in the role of Studio Lead Strategy & Product Management;
- Lead teams that supported the digital delivery arm of Germany’s top insurance company in building customer centric, innovative digital solutions for global customers;
- Lead teams that innovated and delivered BMW global online car sales experience
- With Riverflex, currently working on creating and delivering a consumer centric digital experience strategy for a global consumer lifestyle brand, as well as collaborating on the writing of Riverflex’s marketing publications.
- University of the Arts London
MA Design Management
Applying new technology to fulfill customer needs.
Martijn is a customer & business oriented leader with over 20 years of experience. He is committed to realising long term business success, and has a broad experience in Strategy, Service Design, Marketing, Business Development, (lean startup) Innovation, Digital/IoT/Information Technology and Business Transformation; in both international corporate and Agile scale-up environments (B2C, B2B & B2B2C).
I recognise strategic business opportunities and business models and organise to make them successful.
Strategy Done Differently
Digital technologies are developing at a faster pace than ever, and their applications in society are continuously evolving. Incumbent organisations often have difficulties identifying and effectively utilising opportunities in (user) data, digital services and associated new business models. Martijn is passionate about helping companies accelerate and grow by making maximum use of digital possibilities to maintain a competitive edge and create value. He supports organisations in defining an innovation vision, strategy and process. Next to that, he facilitates the implementation of roadmaps and business models. With each project, Martijn always begins by looking at business goals and objectives in mind. He helps organisations in early stage customer/user validation to assess the value potential – preventing wasted time and investment.
Examples of Martijn’s recent experience and successes include:
- TOON smart thermostat: concept development, product/software development and market launch – facilitating Utilities’ transformation from commodity to services provider (Toon services platform);
- Organised the Innovation agenda, governance and integrated Business/IT roadmap & portfolio within Ahold Europe;
- Albert Heijn: realtime healthy recommendations (in-store & online), based on shopping behaviour (AH Bonus Card data) – enabling AH to position itself as the market leader in fresh/healthy food, and cross/upsell during shopping. Concept development, pilot testing & validation, scaled up by AH Online/ Stores;
- AHtoGo – TaptoGo: Concept development, pilot testing & validation – strategic, GM owned project removing (self) checkouts in high traffic convenience stores to prevent queues and increase square meters for sales. Currently being scaled up;
- Responsible for Quby in transforming from a primarily product-focused company into services as its primary business model to create long term relations with partners and end-users
- Collaborated on the writing of Riverflex’s Innovation publication “A Corporate Innovator’s Guide to Greatness”.
Helping businesses win in a software centric world
Arjen is an experienced technology leader with a strong proven track record in software development, architecture and operations. After managing several teams as head of technical platform services at bol.com, he became CTO of Coosto (social media management software) for 2,5 years. As part of the management team there, he was responsible for software engineering, infrastructure, operations, security, and architecture as well as HR and customer service. Working as an independent consultant, Arjen is helping clients increase software delivery performance by creating high performance development teams, modernising architecture and moving into agile and DevOps ways of working.
Providing only the advice on IT direction is not enough. We need to roll-up our sleeves and drive the adoption.
Transformation Done Differently
There are many strands of change in best practice IT today. From agile delivery and devops to the shift towards micro-service and cloud architectures these changes can enable significant benefit for organisation. However, these are all inter-related. To really make an impact, Arjen believes in forming plans and implementing them holistically across areas. Not everything needs to be done at once but taking a piecemeal approach to IT transformation will not bring the desired benefits.
Examples of Arjen’s recent experience and successes include:
- Arjen has managed the Parkmobile software development team to stabilise and scale their IT app development for multiple brands throughout Europe
- Arjen took the technology capability of the small start-up Coosto to the next level. He dramatically increased productivity going from bi-weekly to multi-releases per day while simultaneously reducing downtime – going from 8 hours to 4 minutes per month.
Arjen has collected several speaking engagements at conferences and meetups on software development, architecture and operations, such as:
- DevOps ’18 Conference: 6 steps to awesome – continually solving the problem better and faster
- DevOn Summit ’18: 6 steps to awesome – continually solving the problem better and faster
- PHP Breda Meetup – Talk on how to use tools to improve remote working
- PHP Nijmegen Meetup – A talk on service architecture, service platform, continuous delivery, and team structure
- Agile Holland Meetup: Continuous Delivery at Scale
Sanjeet has reshaped organisations, launched products and grown digital capabilities for clients including: RBS, Natwest, Sony, BBC, RTL, Microsoft, Fidelity, Bupa, Centrica, GLA, Public Health England & Oxford University. He is passionate about helping businesses get the most out of their most important resource –their people. With a background spanning management consulting, technology transformation, digital product launches, corporate strategy and working at C level, he is able to draw on a breadth of experiences enabling conversations with different members in an organisation.
With experience, or as I like to call it “Sweat Equity”, comes the ability to listen, offer suggestions and act on instinct.
Change done differently
Rather than taking a purist view to transformation, Sanjeet likes to blend approaches. Relying on his experience, he is able to listen, offer suggestions and quickly propose solutions – something which isn’t necessarily championed by traditional approaches to strategy and transformation. Playing by the book, these approaches lack a fundamental understanding of what it means to be down in the trenches.
Examples of Sanjeet’s recent experience:
BBC Global iPlayer – building and launching a service in 9 months, that lasted 5 years, and established an entirely new digital supply chain and revenue streams, ultimately enabling integration with the likes of Netflix, YouTube).
Public Health England – Operating at C level, leading strategic change across a number of merging organisations including Health Protection Agency, National Institute of Clinical Excellence & regional healthcare observatories. Delivering an award winning Longer Lives portal which shone a light on healthcare inequality across England, leveraging data from a plethora of health organisations that hadn’t previously worked together.
Driving behavioural and cultural change at a global out-of-home advertising leader. This included de-siloing its global technology organisations, facilitating collaboration, accelerated delivery of products through agile working practices and helping the organisation as a whole build competitive advantage in a rapidly changing macro-economic landscape.
Launching Demand 5 – a syndicateable Video-On-Demand platform that created new revenue streams based of the premise that customers follow content ahead of brand loyalty to a TV company
Consulting with organisations including Oxford University, Kantar Media, Centrica, UBP, Bupa, Fidelity, Natwest and The FA across a range of topics including: de-siloing operations, improving digital maturity, redesigning customer experiences, creating new target operating models, digital transformation, innovation, Blockchain, AI, IoT and Automations
Leading a global change management programme for the Royal Bank of Scotland across global technology 5000 staff.
- University of Sheffield
MSc Business Information Systems
Delivering great customer experiences, improved customer satisfaction and conversion
Marcel has over 10 years experience in Digital Customer Experience and is dedicated to improve customer satisfaction by working at the intersection of service, marketing, e-commerce and technology. He has worked on projects for companies such as AkzoNobel and Ziggo, where he led the way to digital transformation as an independent for his own consulting firm. He has ample experience with project, line and stakeholder management at all levels in larger and smaller organisations.
I get out of bed every day to help people and teams develop to create customer value.
Strategy Done Differently
Marcel thrives in organisations where action is needed – hitting the ground running, getting people to work on what they are good at and smoothing the path to achieve regular results. Along the way he uses the principles of agile scrum, and flex the rules when it allows people to do even better.
Examples of Marcel’s recent experience:
- Product Owner for global platform of AkzoNobel’s Professional brands. Digital Lead in Global Professional Marketing team.
- Product Owner and Delivery Manager for Woodcare global platform at AkzoNobel – platform built and launched from scratch.
- Manager of Ziggo’s Digital Service team: led the digital workstream for a company-wide radical service improvement program + co-executed agile transformation for the digital team as member of the management team
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
MSc Strategic Management
MIM, MSc International Management, International Marketing
Delivering value by improving and automating business processes.
With twenty years of experience in business process automation in both consulting and leadership roles, Mathieu is our RPA Lead. Together with our partner UiPath, he delivers RPA advisory, transformation and implementation services and leads project teams. As an RPA expert, he is introducing virtual employees in organisations to work on mundane, repetitive tasks. This allows human employees to spend more time on tasks they’re passionate about.
He is passionate about delivering growth to organisations as well as to individual client employees, allowing them to take a next career step through the skills acquired and project outcomes.
I am most proud of my work when I see all four potential outcomes of RPA being realized at the same time in my projects: increased customer satisfaction, increased employee satisfaction, efficient operations and revenue growth.
Automation Done Differently
In his projects, Mathieu takes a pragmatic approach, helping clients look beyond the RPA hype-cycle to align the transformation with the actual business demand.
Examples of Mathieu’s recent experience:
- Managed an award winning project in the public sector with a clear outcome on road traffic safety;
- Established a European RPA service delivery center and improved the operating model with a 70% YOY increase in revenue as outcome;
- Supported an eCommerce start-up with an RPA service model, to allow them to grow without hiring new employees.
- Introduced a hybrid RPA operating model to one of top 4 Dutch municipalities and trained client employees to deliver RPA projects with UiPath. Outcomes to be measured in an academic research paper.
- For Riverflex, Mathieu has authored 7 Expert Tips to a Successful RPA Implementation, a guide with practical tips to help businesses succeed on their RPA journey.
- Utrecht University
MsC Cum Laude Computer Science & Management
Creating uniquely crafted and interactive data visualisations that engage and enlighten audiences
Nadieh is an awarded designer and graduated astronomer with expertise in the fields of data, data visualisation, infographics and data science. She has worked with small start-ups, magazines like Scientific American, all the way to global multinationals such as Google to help them get new and insightful perspectives on their data. In her projects, Nadieh is committed to always finding new and exciting ways to visualize clients’ data. Each visualisation is meant to be as effective as possible in revealing underlying insights, but also visually appealing.
My favorite kind of feedback is to hear that someone just spent 30 minutes happily diving into a visual that I’ve made, learning many new sides to the main story.
Design Done Differently
For each project, Nadieh designs a completely custom build visualisation. She always works from a data & goals perspective. Her visuals are always handcrafted to the specifics of the client’s data and its insights, to make it both effective, unique and beautiful. Furthermore, to ensure that the end result is something that the client is fully happy with, she works on an almost continuous feedback loop with her clients.
Examples of Nadieh’s recent work include:
- A flagship piece for the newspaper the Guardian, called “Bussed Out”. The article dealt with how homeless people are being bussed around the United States. In this piece, Nadieh adopted the latest trends in (interactive) data visualization as well as her creative approach to show the data in new kinds of visuals;
- Working with UNESCO to visualize the existing connections between the ~500 Intangible Cultural Heritage elements that are inscribed on UNESCO’s list. The project was officially revealed, and received very enthusiastically, during the 2018 session of the “Intergovernmental Committee for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage” where 800 participants from over 120 countries gathered in Mauritius.
Over the years, Nadieh has collected several global speaking engagements. In 2016, she gave a presentation at OpenVis, one of the leading conferences in data visualisation. Ever since, she has been regularly flying across the world to speak at conferences and inspire audiences, showing them that there is much more to data visualisation than just the basic “charts”.
- Gold in “Politics & Global” at the 2018 Information is Beautiful Awards;
- Best Data Visualization at the 2018 North American Digital Media Awards;
- Best Investigative Data Journalism at the 2018 Online Journalism Awards;
- Best Individual at the 2017 Information is Beautiful Awards;
- Gold in “Unusual” at the 2017 Information is Beautiful Awards;
- Silver in “Science & Tech” at the 2017 Information is Beautiful Awards;
- Rising Star at the 2016 Information is Beautiful Awards;
- Leiden University
MsC Cum Laude Astronomy
Advising and supporting clients on the opportunities of Fintech
Jeroen is an experienced banking strategist, with a focus on Financial Services and Fintech. With a wide international work experience in retail banking and payments, he has in-depth knowledge of the Dutch and UK markets. He is passionate about innovating and new business development in banking.
“Every client is unique and requires its own approach”
Strategy Done Differently
To solve every client’s challenge, Jeroen looks at the question behind the question. Getting acquainted with their organisations and understanding what really is needed, beyond what is asked. This allows him to develop bespoke, sustainable and winning solutions, tailored to the client’s real needs.
Examples of Jeroen’s recent experiences include:
- Leading the development of a new challenger bank from scratch until implementation. First developing the strategic profile, followed by detailing the operating model. Finally, working with IT solution providers to develop the new bank;
- PSD2 banking strategy for a leading global tech company;
- Commercial benchmarking on leading European digital challenger banks;
- Payments landscaping and monitoring financial crime for a European government authority.
- University of Amsterdam
MSc Cum Laude Business Economics & Finance
- Elizabethtown College
Fulbright Campus Scholarship Program
Driving customer-led business transformations
With over 20 years of experience as a management consultant, Amanda is committed to creating effective, responsive customer-centric organisations. She has undertaken projects across a variety of industries focusing on client customer function, improving customer experience, and deployment of operational change. Amanda was featured as Riverflexer in the Spotlight, you can find her interview here.
I believe that organisations are successful when their people are engaged, and I work to bring that to everything I do.
Transformation Done Differently
Amanda brings a business advisory approach to her clients. Even in programme delivery, a strategic mindset helps her engage with organisations to support their ambitions and help them develop their team’s practical knowledge and personal skills. Amongst these, Amanda focuses particularly on customer experience development skills, as well as activity and project management. Next to that, she targets personal development in the areas of conscious thinking and personal responsibility.
Examples of Amanda’s recent experience and successes include:
- Delivering a digital transformation which enabled the client to hit their stretch targets two months early;
- Delivering a pan-European programme across 14 countries which transformed the way the organisation’s service operation supported their customers;
- Working with an established financial services organisation to develop a customer strategy. Having little experience in the industry allowed her to challenge the client’s product-focused status quo. The result was a complete reimagining of the client’s approach to customers, tangibly shifting their focus from product to customer lifecycle;
- Managing the delivery of a digital transformation for a large corporate which involved a team of over 60 people, across 5 countries in 3 time zones, with 3 different technologies, interconnected with another major programme. The project was delivered in time for a major relaunch and has proved to be very effective in increasing their customer engagement.
- University of Plymouth
MA Personnel & Development