Creating the Store of the Future
A global fashion apparel company operating across 100 countries, our client had to innovate omnichannel capabilities to meet the needs of the modern consumer.
Triggered by changes in customer behavior, emergence of digital technologies and new market entrants, the leadership team launched the Store of the Future initiative. The aim: to design and deliver innovation in retail stores that delights consumers and supports the shopper journey. Digital is being interwoven into the customer experience, offering a gateway to explore the brand ecosystem and order products across online and offline channels. We supported the launch of a retail analytics project.
Leveraging data from the store, we helped measure the business value of digital retail devices and improve their performance.
- Defined a KPI framework to quantify the business value of new store technology;
- Analysed data to identify opportunities for performance improvement;
- Developed a chargeback model to allocate investment from different business units across the organisation;
- Developed the Store of the Future commercial proposition highlighting the USPs and value case;
- Equipped regional CFOs with key input and insights to enable global investment decisions
The programme allowed our client to create exciting store experiences to win the shopper in the digital age. By utilising data, opportunities are now continuously spotted and implemented to create even greater value for consumers.
Snapshot on impact made so far:
- Double-digit growth in store traffic, and double-digital share of in-store sales transactions through Store of the Future digital devices;
- Expansion of Store of the Future programme to customers in the Asia Pacific region;
- Investment model enabling multiple business units across markets to invest in the global innovation roadmap for Store of the Future.